The Cloud Financial Consultant is focused on the design and implementation of services that provide financial control of our public cloud environments. The position will act as the lead on Cloud Operations and Cloud Transformation teams so they can optimize their practices for cloud usage and access all available cost savings. This will include generating and providing recommendations on how they can optimize their usage of cloud services, governing pricing controls through analysis and maintenance of reserved instances and developing automated reporting that enables teams to leverage best practices for running efficient cloud solutions. Responsibilities
You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the cost of running our customers cloud infrastructure and service platforms.
- Investigate and understand the basis for every line item on our cloud infrastructure invoices
- Optimize performance to spend where you need to and redistribute resources
- Suggest areas for improving spend by finding better rates or improved technology
- Supporting finance partners with chargeback, budget and forecasting process
- Automating everything, from using tools to enforcing valid insights
- Delivering the tooling and capabilities needed to enable our cloud financial management roadmap.
- Support needs of Cloud Migration Program
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with vendor partners and maintain strategic relationships
Qualifications & Skillset
- Able to empathise with our customers and users we support.
- Growth mindset is mandatory.
- AWS & Azure certifications preferred or willingness to obtain.
- Interested in learning Infrastructure as Code and Python.
- Understanding of Infrastructure and Operations landscape with a focus on public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) technology.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position.
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills/methodologies, who is able to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Understanding of Insurance and Financial services industry.
You will work from our office in Amersfoort, at the client location or from home. Whatever works for you, the customer and your co-workers.